A Christ-centered focus and a quality educational environment
make Shepherd of the Hills Preschool...
a Place to Learn and a Place to Grow.
Shepherd of the Hills Preschool provides opportunities...
- to grow spiritually as they learn about Jesus.
- to learn to live their faith in their actions and attitudes at home and at school.
- to be prepared for a lifetime of learning through a proven curriculum emphasizing academic excellence.
- to develop physical dexterity, strength and coordination to their fullest potential.
- to learn social skills and methods so that they thrive in a classroom environment.
- to make new friends and have fun!
For parents and families
- to partner with staff who care about their children.
- to be engaged in their child's education.
- to find a community of preschool families for support and friendship.
For preschool staff
- to grow personally, professionally and spiritually as they teach and nurture.
- to find joy in the progress their students make.
- to build relationships with preschool families.
Our curriculum includes activities designed to help children develop academically, physically, and spiritually. These activities include
- Bible lessons
- Story, song and play time
- Finger plays and flannel board stories
- Number and alphabet experiences
- Arts and crafts
- Social and science exploration
- Large and small muscle activities
The 2014-15 school year begins August 18th and follows the Knox County Public School schedule with minor changes. See the calendar for details. Registration at the beginning of the year includes a non-refundable $100 registration fee. Monthly program tuition is listed below. Please note that the tuition includes all supplies and consumables. There are no additional charges during the year for any extra activities.
Our two-year-old class meets Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The tuition is $125/month.
Our three-year-old class meets Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The tuition is $160/month.
Our four-year-old class meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The tuition is $160/month.